A Swimrun is a trial for couples in which a number of running tracks are combined with a number of open water swimming sections, without interruptions, one after the other. You will swim with sport footwear and that’s why you are allowed to use pull buoys and hand paddles. Swimrun has become very popular in the Northern Countries since 2005, and Neda el Món is the first to organise Swimruns in Spain!
The Neda el Món SwimRun Beceite will give its participants the challenge to outperform themselves, running and swimming in one of the most beautiful natural environments. The event will take place at Pena Lake, and participants will go through fabulous natural surroundings.
There is the option to register individually to the event.
AN EXTRAORDINARY CHALLENGE!
Sector 1 - 0,23k swim
Sector 2 - 0,47k run
Sector 3 - 0,33k swim
Sector 4 - 1,36k run
Sector 5 - 0,34k swim
Sector 6 - 1,76k run
Sector 7 - 0,28k swim
Sector 8 - 0,53k run
Sector 9 - 1,26k swim
Sector 10 - 2,80k run
Sector 11 - 0,24k swim
Sector 12 - 0,73k run
Sector 13 - 0,16k swim
One challenge, two disciplines
The 10.5km trajectory, a lap to the Pena Lake, is divided in 6 running tracks, altogether 7.65km (72.9%) and 7 swimming sections, altogether 2.84km (27.1%). The start as well as the finish is at Pena Lake.
- Each team consists of two people.
- The inscription is per team, so two people, one inscription.
- The inscription price is per team.
- The teams can be two men, two women, or one man and one woman. There will be awards for these three categories.
- There is the option to register individually.
- There will be classification, and individual awards in male and female category.
- During the process of individual registration you must also define a team name and repeat the email of the individual participant in the "email" box.
- Accommodation. If you wish to have information about accommodation you need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Equipment delivery. The day of the event, between 8am and 9am, at Pena Lake.
- Briefing. The technical meeting will be online documentation only. An online meeting will be schduled the previous Thursday for questions and concerns.
- Wetsuit renting. You can rent a wetsuit at www.rentawetsuit.com.
- Cloakroom service. There will be a cloakroom service for all participants at the arrival zone.
- Checkpoints and food and drink supplies. The organisation will fix several checkpoints and provide food and drink supplies during the race. The participants will be offered food and drinks at the finish line.
- Physiotherapy. On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from El Quinto Meta.
- Security/Medical Service. There will be medically equipped and ambulances along the run sections.
- Insurance. All swimmers and all volunteers will have liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- All participants must carry their whole equipment from the start till the finish line. There will be controls of the required material before the start and during the race. In case a team breaks this rule, they will automatically be disqualified.
- Both members of the team must stay together all the time. They can’t separate more tan 10m during the running or the swimming.
- All participants are obliged to immediately attend any other participant in case of emergency, helping this person in situ as well as informing the organisation as soon as possible.
- The organisation can forbid a team to continue if they don’t carry their equipment as stipulated before, or if the physical condition of one of the members of a team doesn’t allow him/her to go on.
- Any floatation or propulsion help must not surpass 100cmx60cm and must be carried all the way during the race, from the start till the finish line.
- Any mechanical or automatic help is forbidden.
- The running sections will be open, so there will be pedestrians as well as supporters of the event around. The organisation will call on all participants and bystanders to exercise mutual respect.
- The race will be run through delicate natural environments (sea, beaches, walkways, paths…) and all participants are required to respect the surroundings, and not to throw litter along the track.
- Wetsuit (one for each participant).
- Goggles (a pair for each participant).
- Swim run footwear (a pair for each participant).
- The chip the organisation will give you (one for each participant).
- A numbered swim cap that the organisation will give you and that you must put on during the swimming (one for each participant).
- A cell phone to be able to inform about potential incidences (one per team).
- ISHOF Neda el Món watertight buoy or similar for your safety while swimming and in order to carry your cell phone (one per team).
- A waist bag for your kit and food and drink supply (one per team).
- A clip in order to fasten the ISHOF Neda el Món watertight buoy or similar during the run sections.
- A rope/elastic band to stay together in the water (maximum 10m).
- Gels and/or bars.
- Floatation or propulsion helps (hand paddles, pull buoy).
Zip line Fuentespalda
As a complementary and optional activity, Neda el Món offers the possibility of taking a jump on the longest zip line in Spain and the second in Europe, with a total of 2km and 200 meters of unevenness, taking speeds up to 130km/h and flying over the town of Fuantespalda. A brutal experience for the whole family. You can book here. Limit 50 paxs.