Suitable for all levels, with distances of 3,6km, 5,9km and 7,4 km, the Costa Daurada crossing goes from one end till the other of the beautiful Long Beach between Torredembarra and Roda de Barà. We'll swim along the protected natural area called the Muntanyans. So: swim addiction in the South of Catalonia too!
When you register you must choose the distance you want to swim, but you must also choose if you prefer to participate in the environment friendly version. If you choose the normal version, a Neda el Món bus will transfer you to the departure point. If you choose the environment friendly way, you will ride your own mountain bike. Neda el Món will take the bikes to the arrival point after the event. The environment friendly way is 5€ cheaper!! Let's protect the environment and make this Catalonia’s most nature-restpectful crossing.
Short route 3.500 metres
Medium route 5.900 metres
Long route 7.400 metres
- Transfer. By bus, from Roc Sant Gaietà till the Long Beach, to any of the three departure points. But this crossing has another option: you can take your own mountain bike and ride till the departure point. Once the crossing has started Neda el Món will take the bikes to the arrival. This environment friendly option is 5€ cheaper than the other way.
- Relatives and friends. Anybody who wants to follow the crossing can do so either staying on top of the Ermita de Barà Hill, or walking along the Long Beach, crossing the protected Muntanyans area. To get to the different departure points you can book a seat in the Neda el Món bus, clicking here.
- Wetsuit rental. You can rent a wetsuit at Neda el Món. If you want to collect it the day of the event, click here. If you want us to send it to your home, click here.
- Accomodation. If you want to spend the weekend, we have a cheap proposal for the whole family: The camp site Arc de Barà rents bungalows for 4 people at 31€ a night. www.campingarcdebara.com tel:977800902. Tell them Neda el Món has given you their address and you will get 20% discount!
- Briefing. There will be an informative briefing for the swimmers the day before the event, on Saturday October 27th at 6pm, at the Centre Cívic de la Roca Foradada, Roc Sant Gaietà, Roda de Barà.
- Lunch. The camp site Arc de Barà, at five minutes from Roc Sant Gaietà, will prepare a lunch: "pica pica" as a starter, followed by a barbecue. It will be a nice way of finishing a great weekend in company of good friends. Time: 1.30pm. Price: adults 13€, children under 12, 8€. Please click here for booking.
- Local activities. Neda el Món will give information about visiting Roda de Barà and surroundings to the swimmers who want to spend the weekend there.
- Environment information. Our friend, collaborator and swim addict Sònia Cervià, who works for "El Raspinell" company, will provide our web with a file on the six most common echinoderms (starfish) we can find in our Mediterranean waters. You can download the file here.
- Cloakroom service. there will be a cloakroom service at the different departures as well as at the arrival point.
- Food and drinks. During the event as well as after the event food and drinks will be offered at the points established by the organisation.
- Physiotherapy. On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from El Quinto Meta.
- Wetsuit cleaning. While you recover from the effort you can clean and dry your wetsuit at the arrival point at Roc Sant Gaietà.
- Showers. Swimmers can get a shower at the arrival point at Roc Sant Gaietà.
- Insurance. All swimmers and all volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Security/medical service. In first place the kayaks will provide security. In case anybody needs to be evacuated, pneumatic boats are available. In addition there will be a medically equipped boat and an ambulance at the arrival.