The SwimBarcelona, part of the Open Water Spanish Cup of the Royal Swimming Spanish Federation, enables us to view Barcelona's skyline from a different, special side: from the sea. It allows us to see the city and its coastline in an original way. The 5700m, from the Barceloneta beach to the Mar Bella beach, will offer us breath-taking views of new and old icons of the city, starting at the W Hotel and finishing at the Forum's Solar Panel, passing in front of the Olympic Village, the Gas Building, the Agbar Tower, the Sagrada Familia and the Diagonal Mar district. And at the background, Collserola and the Tibidabo. A big open water feast. Since 2012 we also organise a shorter passage, 3600m, starting at the Nova Icària beach and arriving at the Mar Bella beach.
Long route 5.700 metres
Short route 3.600 metres
Video SwimBarcelona 2014, 7th stage of the Open Water Spanish Cup of the Royal Swimming Spanish Federation
In order to improve the swimmer’s security, the use of an ISHOF Neda el Món safety buoy is recommended. This buoy makes swimmers more “visible”, and, in case a swimmer gets injured or very tired, he or she can cling to it, without affecting at all the swim effectiveness. For more information click here.
- Accommodattion. Hotel Barceló Atenea Mar in Barcelona will be the official hotel of the event.
- Insurance. All swimmers and all volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Briefing. There will be an informative briefing for the swimmers the day before the event, at 7pm, at the Centre Esportiu Municipal Mar Bella.
- Transfer. All participants will be transferred by bus from the Mar Bella to the Sant Sebastià beach and Nova Icaria beach.
- Cloakroom service. There will be a cloakroom service at the arrival zone.
- Food and drink supplies. During the event and after the event the organisation will provide food and drink supplies at the stipulated places.
- Physiotherapy. On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from El Quinto Meta.
- Changing rooms. You can take a shower and clean and dry your wetsuit at the arrival point, in the Mar Bella Pavilion.
- Security / Medical service. In first place the kayaks and the padel surf will provide security. In case anybody needs to be evacuated, pneumatic boats are available. In addition there will be a medically equipped boat and an ambulance at the arrival.