Swimming around the Medes Islands is spectacular. Every year Neda el Món organises a challenging crossing in a spectacular surrounding, the protected area of the Medes Islands. Since 2011 the crossing starts at the small Estartit beach, we swim between the big and the small Meda Island and finish again at the small Estartit beach.
Altogether 5,200m, there is also a shorter version of 3,400m and another for new swim addicts, the swim baptism, a 1,700m-swim, ideal to be released and to be accompanied by an expert swim addict.
The swims will be held November the 4th, but if the weather won't be enough good, the swims will be on November the 5th So, swimmers need to block the whole weekend.
Punta de les Salines - Estartit 1,7km
Marató de TV3 supports research against Infectious Diseases
Swim baptism - 1,7k
- Boat companions Medes. For only € 8, you can enjoy the swim from a boat that the organization provides and that will also go around the spectacular Medes islands. The boat has underwater view, so companions will see the seafloor. You can take the boucher here.
- Accomodation. Contact our Official Hotel, Hotel Panorama, and book a room with 15% discount: firstname.lastname@example.org or 972751092.
- Wetsuit rental. You can rent a wetsuit at www.rentawetsuit.com.
- Insurances. All swimmers and all volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Briefing. There will be an informative briefing in English for the swimmers the day before the swim at 8pm. Neda el Món will also provide information about the Montgrí Natural Park, the Medes Islands and the Baix Ter river.
- Cloakroom service. There will be a cloakroom service for all participants at the arrival area.
- Food and drinks. Neda el Món will supply food and drinks at specific points during the crossing. At the arrival, all participants will be offered food and drinks too.
- Physiotherapy. On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from “El Quinto Meta”.
- Wetsuit cleaning. While you recover from the effort you can clean your wetsuit at the Estartit Yacht Club.
- Showers: The swimmers can get a shower at the Estartit Yacht Club.
- Security/medical service. In first place the kayaks will provide security. In case anybody needs to be evacuated, pneumatic boats are available. In addition there will be a medically equipped boat and an ambulance at the arrival.
Very special element you can find in this event, "Swimcap Zero". For those who want to collaborate with the charity of TV3 Marathon, you can buy for only € 20 the swimcap of the TV3 Marathon here. 100% of income "Swimcap Zero" will be credited automatically to the account of the TV3 Marathon.