Swimming around the Medes Islands is spectacular. Every year Neda el Món organises a challenging crossing in a spectacular surrounding, the protected area of the Medes Islands. Since 2011 the crossing starts at the small Estartit beach, we swim between the big and the small Meda Island and finish again at the small Estartit beach.
Marató de TV3 supports research
With the goal of guaranteeing the safety of all the people who will be involved in some way in this event, Neda el Món has organized a safety protocol that we summarize below.
Safety Protocol Against Covid-19
- Capacity limited to 500 swimmers.
- The 5.2K and 3.4K swims are unified in a single 4.4K swim and the security of it will be static with boats, paddle-sufers and kaiaks.
- Swimmers enrolled in the 3.4K and 5.2K modalities automatically become enrolled in the 4.4K modality.
- The 1.7K swim will run through the initial and final parts of the 4.4K course.
- The exits of each crossing will be made in groups of 10 swimmers who will start swimming every 30 seconds.
- The departure time will be from 9:00 am to 9:25 am.
- The swimmers will be called to the different starting chambers that will be created.
- Swimmers must wear the fasce mask in the starting area and will only remove it before swimming. Upon arrival at the finish line, they will be given a mask that they must put on.
- A starting area will be created for swimmers only that will guarantee a safety distance of 2m.
- There will be no food provisioning at sea.
- Registrations are not accepted on the day of the test.
- There is no Junior swim.
- An online technical meeting will be held on Thursday before the event.
- Specific signage and circuits will be created to avoid crowds.
- The bib number will be collected on Saturday, the day before the race.
- All material and items will have been previously disinfected.
- Once the swimmer's bag is delivered, the swimmer will no longer have contact with the organization.
- There will only be a cloackroom service for swimmers who cannot leave their backpacks with a family member.
- The wardrobe service will be without contact between the organization-swimmer.
- The use of a face mask is mandatory at all times.
- The physiotherapy service will be outside the operating area.
- The sponsors' stands will be outside the operational area.
- The Neda el Món store will be outside the operational area.
- Insurances. All swimmers and all volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents
- Physiotherapy. On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from “El Quinto Meta”.
- Security/medical service. In first place the kayaks will provide security. In case anybody needs to be evacuated, pneumatic boats are available. In addition there will be a medically equipped boat and an ambulance at the arrival.
Very special element you can find in this event, "Swimcap Zero". For those who want to collaborate with the charity of TV3 Marathon, you can buy for only € 20 the swimcap of the TV3 Marathon here. 100% of income "Swimcap Zero" will be credited automatically to the account of the TV3 Marathon.