- All swimmers from 18 years onwards can participate. Swimmers younger than 18 may participate provided that their legal guardians give permission, and that the organisation itself gives permission based on their sports curriculum.
- Specifically during the NedaMarcelona event, the swimmers must have a minimum time of 75’ /3000 metres, in order to avoid a too long blocking of the Olympic Port Entrance by stretching too much the group of swimmers. Swimmers must pass the Olympic Port Entrance 45 minutes after the first start, at 9.45 am. If not, the organisation may wish to tow the swimmer.
- All swimmers are responsible for their physical condition before the start of the event and they acknowledge their responsibility at the participation. In case of illness or disability, they must tell the organisation, who may or may not allow the swimmer’s participation.
- The use of a wetsuit is recommended. At certain events it may be compulsory, depending on the distance, the difficulty of the event, the water temperature, the currents and the time of the year of the event.
- The route may be changed in case the weather conditions recommend doing so. The Technical Safety Committee may even take the unappealable decision to cancel the event.
- The organisation will provide food and drink supplies at specific points during and after the event.
- Registration is personal and non-transferable. Registration implies accepting the event’s safety rules.
- The registration fee will not, under any circumstances, be refunded, even in case of cancelling the event due to bad weather conditions or any other possible risks (jellyfish, dump, sea security alerts etc).
- All participants will get a bag with information about the crossing, an identifying cap, a commemorative present and whatever else the organisation believe they might need.
- Transfer will be organised for all participants from the meeting point to the start of the crossing, and from the arrival to the meeting point if necessary.
- The organisation will not be held responsible for any personal lost objects. Therefore swimmers are recommended not to leave any valuable objects in their bags at the cloakroom.
- All swimmers have to be at the starting point of the crossing 30 minutes before the start of the race.
- As a first safety measure we will have the kayakists. They are sportsmen and women who love and care about the environment where they sail and their job piloting and guiding the group of swimmers is mostly important.
- Secondly we will have the motorboats. They are in charge of the piloting, following, food and drink supplies, rescuing and evacuation. One of the boats will be medically equipped.
- In third place there will be security teams on land, who will be able to provide first aid attention or transfer to a hospital.
- On top of all this, and hoping we will never need them, the Maritime Rescue Team and the emergency teams of the area will always be at our service.
- There will always be a medical service available on land as well as at sea in case any participant might need it.
- The Technical Safety Committee is responsible for the decisions that have to be made related to the security of the event. They may give permission, they may change the route or they may cancel the event.
- The Technical Safety Committee will evaluate the weather and safety conditions of the area at the time of the event, and the safety measures related to it.
- The Technical Safety Committee of each event is formed by the Neda El Món Technical Manager, the Kayak Technical Manager and the Technical Manager of the motorboats, usually the Safety Officer of the Yacht Club, the Sailing Club or the port where the event goes on.
- How do we define a Celebration-Cancellation Policy, according to the circumstances of the moment of the event:
- These are the four most important weather conditions we have to bear in mind: wind, waves, water temperature and groundswell.
- We will also bear in mind the weather forecast and its consequences along the crossing.
- We have to keep in mind, too, the safety resources and the piloting. Among others, the number of kayaks, the kayakists’ preparation, the amount of boats and the means of rescue and evacuation.
- As a general rule and depending on the wind we must consider:
- wind strength between 0 and 3: the event will take place without any problem.
- wind strength between 4 and 5: the Technical Safety Committee will decide if the event takes place, if they go for an alternative route or if they cancel the event.
- wind strength 6 or more: the event will be cancelled to guarantee the swimmers and the kayakists’ safety.
- The Organisation can oblige any participant to stop the crossing in order to secure his safety.
- These are some cases in which the members of the Organisation will oblige a participant to end the adventure by forcing him to get into a boat:
- Worsening of the weather conditions or of the sea which might endanger the participants’ safety.
- Swimmers who do not follow the Organisation’s safety instructions, getting too close to the safety zone indicated by the Organisation.
- When a swimmer shows signs of extreme fatigue, dehydration, hypothermia, or when he swims too slowly or gives the impression to be unable to swim normally.
- Swimmers who do not follow the Organisation‘s safety instructions by swimming out of the safety limits imposed by the kayaks, and therefore get exposed to the dangers of maritime traffic.
- When a swimmer asks for help by raising one or both arms.
- The volunteers on the boats look after the swimmers’ safety and may oblige a swimmer to stop the crossing in order to guarantee his safety.
- The Organisation will have liability insurance and an insurance against accidents, according to the law, so all participants will be insured.
To fulfil the 15/1999 of December 13th Organic Law of Protection of Personal Data and the law 34/2002 of July 11th Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce , Neda El Món informs and you accept that:
All the personal information you gave to www.nedaelmon.com is incorporated to a personal automatic file of which Neda El Món is responsible.
The objective of this confidential file is:
- Administrate your participation at the event.
- The management of the information of the event, mainly time, photos and videos.
- The participants’ statistic control in order to improve the organisation of the events by making the necessary changes.
- Promote or advertise the activities, services and articles offered by Neda El Món ‘s collaborators and sponsors of the events.
By filling in the inscription form you state that you allow the personal data you therefore gave to be used by Neda El Món.
In any case you can, at any time, revoke your permission and execute the right of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition, by sending an e-mail to Neda El Món (email@example.com ).Image use
As the Constitution (article 18.1, law 5/1982 May 5th) recognises the right of image, right of honour, of personal and family intimacy, Neda El Món asks permission to the sportsmen and women or to the legal guardians of the minors to publish photographs in which they appear in a way they are clearly recognisable.
The sportsmen and women or the legal guardians of the minors, by registering for the events, accept that their or the minors’ image could appear in photographs or films made during the Neda El Món activities:
- Web pages
- Films intended to be published
- Photographs for magazines or publications
- Digital presentations
As soon as an event is fully booked, the Organisation will make a waiting list with the names of the people who wanted to participate.
LaThe Organisation will let you know, at least 72 hours before the event, if you can participate or not, strictly following the order of inscription.