As the Strait of Gibraltar, the Strait of Bonifacio has become one of the great challenges for open water swimmers in recent years.
And as with the Strait of Gibraltar, Neda el Món makes available to the swimmer all his knowledge about the great challenges in open water and it will be responsible for everything: informing and advising the swimmer, training planning 6 months before the challenge, the follow-up of these trainings, including one face-to-face session per month in Barcelona, and all the logistics and operations during the week of the event in Sardinia.
The total cost is 1,280€ and the crossing of the Strait of Bonifacio with Neda el Món guarantees a spot to cross the Strait of Gibraltar with Neda el Món the following year. If you also have this goal and want to join the group of Neda el Món that will cross Bonifacio, contact us at email@example.com and we will send you all the details of the challenge.
Bonifacio, option East currents, 15k
Bonifacio, option West currents, 13k
Among the 24 swimmers registered for the challenge, Neda el Món will make, based on their speeds and their fitness during the face-to-face trainings in Barcelona, 6 groups of 4 swimmers with the same swimming level and who will swim together during the challenge. Exactly the same methodology Neda el Món use to make the groups to cross the Strait of Gibraltar.
What day will we cross?
Swimmers must be in Santa Teresa di Gallura (Sardinia) from the 22nd September to the 30th September. Neda el Món will decide based on the forecast of wind, waves and currents which day of the week you will try to reach the challenge.
On the day of the crossing, the swimmers will all be embarked in the port of Conca Verde (Sardinia), just one hour before the start of the challenge.
Direction and starting point
The crossing will normally be direction Corsica - Sardinia and the starting point in Corsica will depend on the current of the day of the crossing, which will be verified by the team of Neda el Món just halfway the transfer of swimmers by boat to Corsica, just in the middle of the Strait of Bonifacio. If the currents come from the East, the starting point will be on the East coast of Corsica. If the currents come from the West, the starting point will be on the west coast of Corsica.
Services Neda el Món
Neda el Món will provide logistical and technical support before, during and after the crossing. The services included are:
- Crossing fee
- An information session on the logistics of the crossing in Barcelona (compulsory)
- 3 additional group and sea training sessions during the previous months (one of them compulsory)
- Planning weekly pool traings for the swimmer at home for 18 weeks
- Face-to-face training sessions during the week of the crossing
- Swimcap and commemorative t-shirt
- Discounts in our online store.
A good nutrition plan is key to achieving all the goals we have. The nutritional needs of each person are specific and our genetic predispositions indicate how the body uses each nutrient. We can study in detail the scientific relationship between your diet, your lifestyle habits and your goals, identifying the nutrients you need in relation to your goals and dietary preferences. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you transform your nutritional habits and achieve your health goals.
Training camps schedule in Barcelona
- April 15th-16th: information session and initial test
- June 3rd-4th: Pool and sea group training
- July 15th-16th: Pool and sea group training
- August 19th: Pool and sea group training
Complementary activities during the week
- Boat tour in the Maddalena Archipelago, right in front of Palau (Sardinia)
- Dolphin and whale watching from Palau (Sardinia)
- Visit to the tourist port of Palau (Sardinia)
- Visit to Porto Cervo, coastal tourist center of Italy, main center of Costa Smeralda
- Visit to the beaches of the Golfo delle Saline, Licciola, Porto Lascia and Talmone
Historical ranking of Bonifacio by Neda el Món & ZOGGS
You can check the historical ranking of the challenge until today here.