Would you dare to attack the Formigues- Medes? Would you feel up to swimming the most spectacular passage in Catalonia? Would you have enough courage to face the biggest challenge of the Catalan coast? The Formigues- Medes is the longest open waters passage organised in Catalonia every year.
You will be able to enjoy the most famous Costa Brava sceneries: the Formigues Islands, the Sant Sebastià lighthouse, Tamariu, la Punta del Mut, Aiguablava, Sa Tuna, Aiguafreda, El Cap de Begur, Pals beach and the Medes Islands.
The registration fee is € 345. You must get registered in the group that swims at your usual open sea speed: 2,8km/h, 3km/h, 3,2km/h or 3,4km/h.
Illes Formigues - Illes Medes, 22'3km
Up till now, only 43 swimmers achieved it!
Click here to see who were the pioneers of this spectacular passage and the ranking up till now.
If you sign up for the Medes-Formigues crossing before 15th February 2018, you will benefit from a free training planning: the same planning Neda el Món is organising for the swimmers who are getting prepared for the Straits of Gibraltar crossing. This planning consists of online training as well as real training, including a pool test session in Barcelona March the 17th, and four open sea trainings during this year, also in Barcelona.
Description of the event
- The meeting point will depend of the start point of the course: or L'Estartit harbour or the Port Bo beach, in Calella de Palafrugell.
- There will be 6 groups of six swimmers each.
- All the groups will part at the same time from the Medes Island or the Formigues Islands.
- Every group of six swimmers will have a motorboat following them during the whole passage.
- All swimmers must keep the speed of the group he/she was registered in.
- Each swimmer will be responsible for his/her food and drink supplies, which will be given every 45 minutes by a Neda el Món technician who follows the group in the motorboat.
- There will be one boat responsible for the passage coordination, as well as another one (not assigned to any group) with medical assistance for whoever may need it.
- Neda el Món will organise and coordinate a cloakroom service.
- All swimmers as well as all the volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Neda el Món will be responsible for transfer from arrival point to departure when the event has concluded.
- A bathing cap mentioning the event will be issued to all swimmers who are obliged to wear it during the event.
- All swimmers who would like their relatives or friends to follow the event should send an e-mail to email@example.com, supplying the number of people interested. If enough people are interested, Neda el Món will inform you about the conditions.
- Depending on the weather conditions, it might be possible that the passage will be done in the opposite direction, starting from the Medes Islands and finishing at the Formigues Islands.
- If the event, due to bad weather conditions, could not take place on September 23th, Neda el Món will reschedule it on September 24th. So all swimmers must be aware that the event might take place any of these days, and should obviously lock their agendas the two days.
- The score of each swimmer will be officially recorded by a technician of Neda el Món and will be kept in Neda el Món’s official chronicles.