Would you like to know more about the sport that’s in fashion? Would you like to know more about SwimRun? Neda el Món is offering you a SwimRun Training Camp. It is going to last two days, it includes meals, and you will be offered knowledge, approach and practice of this new discipline which is conquering our country. In this Training Camp, you will take full advantage of the knowledge and experience of our team of experts, who will direct the theoretical and practical part of running techniques and open water techniques. The Training Camp will be held at the La Torra's Rural House at the Rialb Lake. It’s the most appropriate place to experience those additional techniques that enhance the SwimRun.
- Stay at the La Torra's Rural House, at Rialb, at just one minute walk to the Rialb Lake.
- Full board during the stay from Saturday morning till Sunday midday.
- A gift pack with one Neda el Món swim cap and a Neda el Món T-shirt.
Training Camp Objectives
1. Open Water Swimming:
- Knowledge of the different Training Systems (aerobic and anaerobic) to improve General Physical Condition.
- Try out different training methods for open water swimming so as to increase Strength and Resistance.
- Get individual progress at the specific open water swimming technique
- Description of the different training systems (aerobic and anaerobic).
- Description and practice of the training methods for open water swimming as to develop Strength.
- Description and practice of the training methods for open water swimming as to develop Resistance.
- Most important aspects of the specific open water swimming techniques.
- Practice of specific exercises with the purpose of improving open water swimming techniques.
- Importance of improving specific swimming techniques to achieve better results.
- Relation between the improvements of technique, Strength and Resistance and the achievement of long distance challenges
- Presentation of the concept of general physical preparation.
- Presentation of the concept of specific open water training.
- Specific swimming training session at the lake.
- Specific swimming training sessions at the swimming pool.
2. Running in High Mountain:
- Knowing the different training systems (Aerobic and Anaerobic) in order to improve the general physical condition.
- Experiencing the different training methods to improve Strength and Resistance, applied to running.
- Achieving better individual results in specific running techniques.
- Introduction into sports nutrition.
- Importance of the digestion for the runner’s physical preparation.
- Analyse of the different preparation stages towards a challenge (pre-season, competition phase and post-season) related to nutrition.
- Main aspects of the specific running technique.
- Practice of specific exercises to improve the technique, in order to get better results.
- Relation between the improvements of technique, Strength and Resistance, and the accomplishment of long distance challenges.
- Presentation of the theoretical contents.
- Theoretical presentation of the specific contents of the running training.
- Mountain running training session.
3. Water "Wetness" training:
- Learning alternative training systems, for example Wetness.
- Supplying new tendencies for the athlete’s physical preparation.
- The importance of coordination between preparation on land and the specific water training.
- Knowing the basic muscular groups which must be developed for the athlete’s training.
- Practice of exercises that use the weight of the athlete’s body as a way to improve strength.
- Concentric, eccentric and isometric exercises adapted to increase strength.
- The importance of flexibility in order to improve performance.
- Theoretical presentation of the contents to be developed.
- Practice of Strength and Resistance exercises.
- Practice of flexibility exercises and other exercises.
4. Physical activity and health (injury prevention):
- Explain the main long distance swimmer’s injuries and what causes them.
- Propose healthy ways which avoid injuries during the open water swimmers’ preparation.
- Relation between a better physical condition and health.
- An open water swimmer’s diseases.
- Treatment of shoulder tendonitis and of epicondylitis (tennis elbow).
- How to avoid the open water swimmer’s typical injuries.
- A swimmer’s sport rehabilitation.
- Presentation of the concepts.
- Description of real situations based on sportsmen who followed the treatment.
- A conversation about personal experiences of those present and a possibility to work out their doubts.